Credit Suisse Group
At a Glance
Financial Services and Insurance
Data Analysis, Engagement and Behavior Change, Financial Evaluation and Planning, Goals/Targets, Supply Chain, Sustainability and Energy Management Strategy
New York, NY
Billy’s fellowship at Credit Suisse was focused on three main areas: Science Based Targets initiatives (SBTi) target setting, Carbon Offset strategy, and Corporate and Client Engagement.
- SBTi: Support the development of Science Based Targets for Credit Suisse by providing summaries, evaluations, and analysis on relevant policy or market related sustainability development.
- Carbon Offset Strategy: review current offset strategy and research alternative methods for offset purchasing with the intended goal of increasing integrity and intentionality of the Bank’s offset program.
- Corporate and Client Engagement (Internal and External): In collaboration with the Global Lead of Environment, Energy, and Sustainability, develop communication and presentation materials for engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Conduct analysis on various carbon tracking apps to be used by employees, in attempts to increase internal engagement from Credit Suisse employees
Billy researched best practice for carbon offsetting and suggested the creation of internal policies and procedures to reinforce the integrity of the offsetting program. Billy conducted an RFI for multiple carbon offset exchanges to better understand the offsets offered and verification of the offsets. He also created internal educational materials on offset markets, prices, and best practices.
- See other Financial Services and Insurance projects »
- See other Data Analysis projects »
- See other Engagement and Behavior Change projects »
- See other Financial Evaluation and Planning projects »
- See other Goals/Targets projects »
- See other Supply Chain projects »
- See other Sustainability and Energy Management Strategy projects »