At a Glance
Internet, Software, Hardware and Technology Services
Supply Chain, Sustainability and Energy Management Strategy
San Francisco, CA
Laura undertook an assessment to identify and prioritize topics for the Google Procurement Organization (GPO) and analyzed GHG emissions from indirect procurement.
1. Define the priority environmental, social, and governance topics across Google’s indirect procurement activities as a first step to designing a company-wide sustainable procurement strategy and targets.
2. Identify GHG emissions hotspots from indirect procurement activities and create a decarbonization model.
3. Conduct due diligence on supplier sustainability performance tools.
1. Identified 8 priority environmental, social, and governance topics for Google’s indirect procurement activities. Created a prioritization matrix and a list of recommendations on the path forward to embedding sustainability within procurement.
2. Created a decarbonization model for 2 procurement categories identified as GHG emissions hotspots. Designed an executive summary to inform future goals and targets on tackling GHG emissions from indirect procurement.
3. Suggested a list of software tools that can be used to evaluate suppliers on their sustainability performance.
This work was critical to leading the path forward for Google’s Procurement Organization (GPO) foundation in creating a sustainability strategy that aligns with industry leadership and overall company goals.