EDF Climate Corps is the premiere fellowship program for corporate energy management. The application process is rigorous and highly competitive. EDF only selects exceptional students who are passionate about the environment and equipped with the technical and interpersonal skills to be a sustainability leader.
Once our application opens in September, we recruit talented graduate students by giving on-campus information sessions around the country, hosting webinars and attending the Net Impact Conference.
For any recruitment related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have two application deadlines, December 3, 2018 and January 7, 2019.
If you apply by December, you get to choose from a more robust list of companies.
Next, we interview you via Skype to measure candidates against our qualifications and to find the appropriate host match based on host organization's need.
If you apply in the first round, your interview will be somewhere between January and mid-February. If you apply in the second round, it will take place mid-February to March.
While you cannot apply for a specific host organization, during the matching process EDF will provide an up-to-date list of participating organizations and projects. You will be able to indicate organizations you have a high interest in during the interview process.
Matches with host companies will happen in two waves, at the end of February for early applicants and at the end of March for regular applicants. You are given two weeks to accept the match from EDF Climate Corps.
After you accept the match to be an EDF Climate Corps fellow, we will connect you with your potential host organization supervisor for final confirmation. This conversation is an opportunity for you and the host to get to know one another and ensure a successful match.
EDF Climate Corps seeks top graduate students with analytical and project management backgrounds who are excited to make an impact through smart energy and climate solutions. Fellows are chosen for their ability to perform technical and financial analyses, manage projects and help facilitate organizational change. Our core fellowship requirements are:
- Current or recent graduate student studying engineering, business, sustainability, environmental management, public policy or relevant degree
- 2+ years of applicable work experience
- Self-starter with strong project management and leadership experience
- Strong financial and quantitative skills, including project valuation
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, clean energy or sustainability projects
- A passion for solving environmental challenges
- Eligibility to work in the United States during the summer of 2019. See our work authorization policy for more details.
Take a look at our 2019 job description here. Also, be sure to read our brochure to learn more about what distinguishes us from other summer fellowship programs! (EDF Climate Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.)
More questions? Go to our FAQs
Each year, EDF Climate Corps staff and fellow alumni host virtual information sessions about our fellowship program. Join us on October 15th and November 15th! Visit our calendar registration details.