Become an EDF Climate Corps fellow this summer and launch your environmental career. Our fellows gain real-world experience working at leading organizations on energy management.
To set our fellows up for success, we provide a week of expert, practical training in energy management in May, and provide support throughout the summer. Backed by EDF’s 45 years of expertise and the powerful EDF Climate Corps network of sustainability professionals, our fellows are equipped to make a tangible impact. Are you up to the challenge?
How EDF Climate Corps Works
- Rigorous Selection We choose top-tier graduate students from our pool of applicants based on the needs of host organizations. We take into consideration student skills, experience and location preference in determining placement.
- Expert Training In May, we host a weeklong training for our fellows with EDF experts and sustainability consultants. The curriculum covers energy efficiency, sustainability strategy, carbon accounting, building systems, financial analysis and more. See the 2015 training agenda.
- Professional Experience Every summer over 100 EDF Climate Corps fellows hit the ground running to work on-site at their host organizations. They spend 10 to 12 weeks on customized energy projects.
- Final Deliverables At the end of the summer, each fellow presents his or her findings to their host organization and submits a final, actionable report of their work.
- Follow-Up After the fellowship ends, EDF staff follow up with each host organization to find out whether fellow recommendations are being implemented. Also, EDF convenes all of the fellowship alumni and host organization participants for its Annual EDF Climate Corps Network Event.
U.S. Fellows are paid $1,250 per week and reimbursed for travel expenses to the EDF Climate Corps Training and the annual EDF Climate Corps network event.
Support for Fellows
EDF Climate Corps staff and the host organizations support fellows throughout the summer. EDF provides an Engagement Manager for guidance and advice, a summer training webinar series and access to online resources such as the EDF Climate Corps Handbook. Host organizations provide fellows with a day-to-day supervisor, a high-level sponsor, support from relevant departments and access to necessary company information and data.
Professional Development Opportunities
EDF Climate Corps fellows build strong relationships with their host organizations and other fellows in their class. Most EDF fellows go on to career positions in sustainability or energy management, whether at their host organizations or other entities. Also, our fellows join the vibrant EDF Climate Corps network of energy management and sustainability practitioners, which serves as a valuable resource throughout their fellowships and careers.