Become an EDF Climate Corps fellow this summer and launch your environmental career. Our fellows gain real-world experience working at leading organizations on energy management.
EDF Climate Corps fellows are part of an innovative network of top-tier graduate students who are working on the ground with leading companies and public-sector organizations to reduce energy use, increase efficiencies, and make the business case for sustainability. Our fellows are hired by their host organizations and work directly with staff from operations, finance and sustainability departments on a wide range of innovative projects. The benefits of being part of the EDF Climate Corps network stay with our fellows throughout their professional careers. Are you up for the challenge?
How EDF Climate Corps Works
- Rigorous Selection We recruit and match top-tier graduate students based on the needs of host organizations. We take into consideration student skills, experience and location preference in making a match with a host company.
- Expert Training In May, we host a weeklong training for our fellows with EDF experts and sustainability consultants. The curriculum covers energy efficiency, sustainability strategy, carbon accounting, building systems, financial analysis and more. See the 2017 training agenda.
- Professional Experience Every summer over 100 EDF Climate Corps fellows hit the ground running to work on-site at their host organizations. They spend 10 to 12 weeks on customized energy projects.
- Final Deliverables At the end of the summer, each fellow presents his or her findings to their host organization and submits a final, actionable report of their work.
- Follow-Up After the fellowship ends, EDF staff follow up with each host organization to find out whether fellow recommendations are being implemented. Also, EDF convenes all of the fellowship alumni and host organization participants for its Annual Energy Solutions Exchange conference.
- Have questions? See our FAQs.
U.S. Fellows are paid $1,250 per week and reimbursed for travel expenses to the EDF Climate Corps Training and the annual EDF Climate Corps network event. Price will vary for our China program.
Support for Fellows
EDF Climate Corps staff and the host organizations support fellows throughout the summer. EDF provides an Engagement Manager for guidance and advice, a summer training webinar series and access to online resources such as the EDF Climate Corps Handbook. Host organizations provide fellows with a day-to-day supervisor, a high-level sponsor, support from relevant departments and access to necessary company information and data.
Professional Development Opportunities
EDF Climate Corps fellows build strong relationships with their host organizations and other fellows in their class. Most EDF fellows go on to career positions in sustainability or energy management, whether at their host organizations or other entities. Also, our fellows join the vibrant EDF Climate Corps network of energy management and sustainability practitioners, which serves as a valuable resource throughout their fellowships and careers.