Hire an Energy Asset, Not an Intern
Video: EDF Climate Corps: Reflections from our hosts
EDF Climate Corps taps the talents of tomorrow’s leaders to save energy, money and the environment. EDF selects and trains graduate students with proficiencies in business, engineering, environmental science and public policy from the nation’s leading institutions to act as organizational change agents for energy management.
EDF Climate Corps offers customized engagements, with each fellow hand-picked to meet the specific needs of host organizations. Over the course of 10 to 12 weeks, EDF Climate Corps fellows develop concrete, actionable plans that accelerate their organization’s energy management programs.
How EDF Climate Corps helps you
As energy management continues to evolve, EDF Climate Corps fellows are equipped to engage in an increasing variety of areas and industries, including manufacturing, retail, healthcare and government.
Fellows work on site to advance their host organization’s performance in the
- Cost-saving project identification and implementation: Uncover, analyze, quantify and plan to implement opportunities to save energy within systems common to most facilities, including lighting, office equipment, HVAC, data centers and water heating
- Data analysis and energy information systems: Compile, analyze and track energy and GHG emissions data, including GHG inventory management, facilities benchmarking, energy mapping and energy management system optimization
- Employee engagement and behavior change: Design and sustain programs to advance energy initiatives and cut costs by empowering employees
- Funding mechanisms: Create innovative financing strategies to support energy management investments
- Strategy: Set goals, acquire certifications, design tools and develop GHG reporting and performance improvement processes
- Demand response: Analyze opportunities for revenue generation through demand side management working with service providers, plan for demand response events and prioritize advanced energy market opportunities
For more information, contact Scott Wood.
Results to Date
EDF Climate Corps has worked in hundreds of leading organizations, uncovering opportunities that could:
in energy costs
Cut the electricity use of
Avoid yearly carbon emissions from
Save an average of
for each organization involved
"The EDF Climate Corps program delivered 10 months of value in 10 weeks." - Bence Oliver, Senior Manager for Operational Sustainability, eBay