How to Get Involved
The process in detail
EDF Climate Corps taps the talents of tomorrow’s leaders to save energy, money and the environment. EDF selects and trains graduate students with proficiencies in business, engineering, environmental science and public policy from the nation’s leading institutions to act as organizational change agents for energy management.
EDF Climate Corps offers customized engagements, with each fellow hand-picked to meet the specific needs of host organizations. EDF provides a mandatory in-person training on energy efficiency, an EDF project manager for support, and access to online collaboration tools and expert resources. Over the course of 10 to 12 weeks, EDF Climate Corps fellows develop concrete, actionable plans that accelerate their organization’s energy management programs.
- For more information on fellow selection and matching, click here.
- For more information on fellow qualifications, click here.
- For more information on final deliverables, click here.
- For a list of past organizations and case studies, click here.
Host organization requirements
EDF has identified key factors that helps ensure a productive Climate Corps fellowship experience. EDF Climate Corps Hosts agree to:
- Hire fellow(s) at a salary of at least $1,250 per week for at least ten weeks, and provide fellow(s) with $2,500 to be used for travel expenses for the training and fall network event. For selected public-sector and nonprofit hosts, the total financial contribution will be $2.500 (please contact EDF for details).
- Provide a supportive high-level project sponsor, as well as an accessible day-to-day manager, for the duration of the fellowship.
- Conduct an energy audit related to the fellow workplan prior to the beginning of the fellowship or comprehensive energy information should be readily available.
- Implement the fellow(s) recommendations where feasible and provide updates to EDF at six and eighteen months after fellowship completion.
Participating organizations will
- Benefit from an EDF Climate Corps fellow who has received intensive energy management training from EDF and industry experts
- Gain access to an EDF project manager and EDF's tools and resources
- Become members of the EDF Climate Corps Network and attend our annual Network Event where top executives connect to build on key learnings and best practices
Results to Date
EDF Climate Corps has worked in hundreds of leading organizations, uncovering opportunities that could:
in energy costs
Cut the electricity use of
Avoid yearly carbon emissions from
Save an average of
for each organization involved
“In 11 weeks, our EDF fellow moved us 6 months to year a forward.”
-- Todd Huston, VP Private Brands, Belk