Vista Equity Partners
At a Glance
Financial Services and Insurance
Data Analysis, Engagement and Behavior Change, Goals/Targets
San Francisco, CA
Tarun Thomas Philip worked with more than 20 Vista Equity Partners portfolio companies to advance ESG and impact outcomes that are good for business and the environment.
The primary objective of the 2023 Climate Corps Fellowship at Vista Equity Partners is to support the ESG team’s engagement with portfolio companies. Given Vista's commitment to reaching net zero by 2050 across all private equity investments, engagement activities will prioritize the implementation of the annual Vista Climate Pledge requirements and the annual ESG Assessment Debrief process with select portfolio companies.
Tarun supported Vista Equity Partners ESG team’s engagement with portfolio companies related to the Vista Climate Pledge and annual ESG Assessment processes. Notable projects included the following:
- Collaborating with 20+ portfolio companies to complete their 2022 GHG emissions inventory and to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Participating in meetings with portfolio companies to benchmark ESG performance, understand barriers to implementation, and contribute to the 2023-2024 ESG workplan initiatives.
- Developing a primer for portfolio companies to educate them on the recommendations of the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosure and related implications for early-stage enterprise software companies.
- Researching ESG regulations, trends, and attending relevant webinars to share insights with the team.
- Analyzing year-on-year trends in portfolio GHG emissions data to identify trends and innovative approaches for corporate carbon footprint reduction and cost savings.
Tarun’s work enabled several companies to complete the 2022 GHG emissions measurement requirement of the Vista Climate Pledge. Additionally, his analysis of the portfolio GHG emissions surfaced reduction opportunities across the portfolio. His recommendations to the Vista team may lead to process improvements and faster decarbonization.